The following printer are available :
|lw0 (HP Laserjet p4015dn in Room 102)|
|lw3 (HP Laserjet p4015dn in Room 274J)|
|lw4 (HP Laserjet m601dn in Room 029)|
|lw6 (HP Laserjet m601dn in Room 223)|
If you are using Windows, you can download and install the drivers from hp.com for the appropriate printer or just use a generic HP Postscript Printer driver, HP Laserjet 5Si/5Si MX PS for example.
Windows : To add an IPP (Internet Printing Protocol) Printer
- In Control Panel, click on Printers and Faxes.
- Under Printer Tasks, click Add a printer to open the Add Printer Wizard, and then click Next.
- Choose to add A Network Printer, or a printer attached to another computer and then click Next.
- Click Connect to a printer on the internet or on a home or office network and enter the URL,
substituting one of the printer names above for NAME :
- Click Next and follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing the TCP/IP printer.
MacOS X: To add an IPP Printer
- Go to the Preferences Panel and click on Printing.
- Click on the + button to add a new printer.
- Select that you wish to add an IPP Printer.
- Enter printhost.math.duke.edu as the server for the printer.
- Enter /printers/NAME for the queue substituting lw0 -> lw6 for NAME.
- Choose the appropriate printer driver from the list according to the table above.
Printing Two Sided to Duplex Capable Printers under Windows
By default, most printer drivers are shipped with duplex printing disabled. To enable it follow these steps :
- In Control Panel, click Printer and Faxes
- Double click on the the printer you wish to configure
- In the menu Printer, click on Properties, then select the Device Settings tab
- If the printer driver supports duplex, there is an option under Installable Devices labeled something like Duplex Unit. Make sure that option is set to Installed
- Click Ok to apply the changes.
- Now when your print dialog comes up when you print a job, you can select Preferences and specify double sided printing, or you can make double sided the default by going back through the steps above to bring up the printer configuration dialog and looking in the Options tab for the printer.