The Math Mentoring program connects women first-years with an interest in mathematics with undergraduate mentors and mathematics faculty. All women students are encouraged to explore the Association for Women in Mathematics.
Fall 2016 Events
- Ice Cream Social - Friday, September 2nd, 1-3 PM - Physics room 101
- Math Department HIke - TBA
- Southeastern Conference for Undergraduate Women in Math - November 12 & 13
Get a Mentor
Do you enjoy learning and doing math? Would you like to get to know other women students who share your interest? Would you find peer advice on how to choose classes, professors, and summer programs useful? As a first-year, you can profit from the experience of your mentor whether it be for academic, personal, or organizational reasons. There will always be another woman student you can approach when you need advice or just want to talk to someone who shares your interests.
- To request a mentor, please fill out our quick survey at https://duke.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_b3ZAQuhX8EhhxRj
- For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a Mentor
If you are interested in becoming a mentor to other women interested in mathematics, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com
Learn more about our other mentors and the successful women who have come through the program, below: