Each year to prepare for the department's assessment report to be submitted on May 31, all graduate students need to supply, by May 15, the following information about activities that took place between now ant the previous May 15.
- Conferences you attended. Give name of conference, location, and dates. Do not include connferences held on the Duke campus.
- Talks you have given. Title of talk, conference name or university and department. Do not include seminar talks or conferences at Duke.
- Papers you have written. Give list of authors, title, journal (if submitted), volume and pages if accepted. arXiv number.
- Any other noteworthy academic or outreach activities
In addition there are some age specific questions:
- First year students: When did you pass your oral qualifying exam? If that has not happened yet then when it is planned?
- Second year students: if you passed your exam during the reporting window let us know the date. Have you found a thesis advisor? If so who is it?
- Third year students: When did you pass your preliminary exam? If that has not happened yet then let me know when it is planned.
- Fourth year students: Will you graduate in 5 years?
- Fifth year students: When did you do your thesis defense? If that has not happened yet then let us know when it is planned.
- Graduating students. Where did you get a job?
Email the report to the DGS and cc your advisor or your mentor.