Welcome to the Duke Student Chapter of SIAM
The Duke SIAM student chapter, a local branch of the larger Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics, was established in January 2017 and is a group for students, postdocs, faculty and staff interested in applied mathematics. Our goal is to foster an active interdiciplinary STEM community at Duke, and we organize professsional, academic, social events for our graduate students.
The Duke SIAM student chapter is coorganizing the Triangle Area Graudate Mathematics Conference with the AMS student chapter on April 23. More information at the conference webpage.
The Duke SIAM student chapter is currently organizing a variety of events including:
- Math slam: a collection of short talks given by the current graduate students
- TAGMaC: Triangle Area Graduate Mathematics Conference
- Invited talk series: check out this picture of our tele-con with Andrea Bertozzi in fall 2016
- and many more!
SIAM offers a free student membership to Duke students. Benefits include a 30% off discount to all SIAM books. All are welcome to join the student chapter and participate in the events. We hope to see you at our next event.
- President: Sarah Ritchey
- Vice President: Ran Huo
- Secretary: Dena Zhu
- Treasurer: Jessica Leete
- Webmaster: Jonathan Michala
- Photographer: Weifan Liu
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Tom Witelski