The following printer are available :
|lw0 (HP Laserjet p4015dn in Room 102)|
|lw3 (HP Laserjet p4015dn in Room 274J)|
|lw4 (HP Laserjet m601dn in Room 029)|
|lw6 (HP Laserjet m601dn in Room 201)|
use a generic HP Postscript Printer driver, HP Laserjet 5Si/5Si MX PS
Windows : To add an IPP (Internet Printing Protocol) Printer
- In Control Panel, click on Printers and Faxes.
- Under Printer Tasks, click Add a printer to open the Add Printer Wizard, and then click Next.
- Choose to add A Network Printer, or a printer attached to another computer and then click Next.
- Click Connect to a printer on the internet or on a home or office network and enter the URL below,
substituting one of the printer names above for NAME and click Next :
- Choose the appropriate driver for the printer you selected above :
♦ lw0, lw4 and lw6 : HP Laserjet Enterprise 600 M601 M602 M603 PS Class Driver
♦ lw3 : HP Laserjet P4015 PS Class Driver
- If your version of Windows does not have the drivers listed above, you can download them from HP.com or
use the generic HP Postscript Printer driver, HP Laserjet 5Si/5Si MX PS.
- Click Next and follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing the TCP/IP printer.
MacOS X: To add an IPP Printer
- Go to the Preferences Panel and click on Printing.
- Click on the + button to add a new printer.
- Select the IP tab.
- Enter printhost.math.duke.edu as the server for the printer.
- Select IPP Printer as the protocol to use.
- Enter /printers/NAME for the queue substituting lw0, lw3, lw4, or lw6 for NAME.
- Choose Generic PostScript Printer as the printer driver or for more advanced features, download the
HP Laserjet Enterprise 600 M601 M602 M603 PS Class Driver from HP.com.
- If prompted, check the box confirming a Duplexer is installed on the printer.
Printing Two Sided to Duplex Capable Printers under Windows
By default, most printer drivers are shipped with duplex printing disabled. To enable it follow these steps :
- In Control Panel, click Printer and Faxes
- Double click on the the printer you wish to configure
- In the menu Printer, click on Properties, then select the Device Settings tab
- If the printer driver supports duplex, there is an option under Installable Devices labeled something like Duplex Unit. Make sure that option is set to Installed
- Click Ok to apply the changes.
- Now when your print dialog comes up when you print a job, you can select Preferences and specify double sided printing, or you can make double sided the default by going back through the steps above to bring up the printer configuration dialog and looking in the Options tab for the printer.