Graduation with Distinction
The following graduating math majors have written their Senior Honors Theses on their math or math related research:
- Lindsey Brown, Abstract Algebra and Neural Code for Sound Localization in Barn Owls with Mike Reed and Bill Pardon. She will study applied math at Harvard University
David Builes, Large Cardinals with Richard Hodel. He will attend the graduate program in philosophy at MIT and will study set theory at Harvard on the side.
- Kyle Casey, Siegel Modular Forms with Les Saper. He will study mathematics at Northwestern University
- Bryan Runjing Liu, Modeling Effects of Positive and Negative Feedback in Kidney Blood Flow Control with Anita Layton. He will study statistics at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Francois Thelot, Description of the Conformational ensemble of Calomodulin from Paramagnetic NMR with Mauro Maggioni. He will study biophysics or biomedicine at at Harvard.
- Paul Ziquan Yang, Morphisms with only mild singular fibers and Bertini Theorems over finite fields. He will study mathematics at Harvard University
- Anne Talkington, graduated with distinction in mathematics in December 2015. She has been awarded an NSF graduate fellowship for study in bioinformatics and computational biology at UNC Chapel Hill.